Work with Us
At Okay Counselling, you will be nurtured to become your best self and encouraged to live your best life as you support your clients to become and be the same.
Okay Counselling, unlike many other private practices, offers a structured Career Progression Pathway to ensure you can continue to grow as a practitioner, can have as much role diversity as you desire, can step into leadership and management roles should you like to and as such you can actively progress your career within the industry and field.
If both you and we agree that you are an excellent fit for our team, then you will be made an offer based on your skills and years of relevant experience. Generally, remuneration ranges between $75,000 and $120,000 per annum, depending on your employment type and the number of consulting days.
We also provide:
- Excellent working conditions, where your family, education and flexibility come first.
- Access to modern facilities and a supportive team.
- Paid CPD opportunities covered by the company and the ability to schedule leave to attend events.
- The support of an organised, enthusiastic admin team.
- Regular team meetings and events to debrief, connect and have fun.
- An incentive scheme.
- We are located at 503 Brighton Road in the sunny coastal suburb of Brighton, SA and have our parking lot at the back of our offices.
- Our offices and rooms are homely and welcoming, with soft ambient light and comfortable seating.
- We are continuously improving our space to provide the best possible work environment for our mental health clinicians and team members.
Your New Practice
Fairness and Equity are core values here at Okay Counselling. We are committed to empowering all Australians to overcome barriers to wellness and supporting them in finding meaning and happiness in their lives. We strive to extend helpfulness to clients and referrers, always in a positive manner, letting our passion for community service shine through.
Okay Counselling is a dynamic, fast-growing private practice founded by our Principal Mental Health Clinician, Matt Kay, an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. We have an excellent administration team who will assist with all client bookings, payments and follow-up calls.
We currently see clients under the GP MHCP (Medicare), privately paying clients, as well as plan-managed NDIS clients; other referral types to date have included the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), Employment Assistance Programs (EAP), Work Cover and Return to Work.
We offer face-to-face sessions, as well as telephone and telehealth sessions.
Your New Role
A unique opportunity to join the Okay Counselling & Psychology team as either an Employee or an Independent Contractor. We offer a flexible, accommodating and financially rewarding position for a Psychologist or Mental Health Accredited Social Worker to join our team.
You will undertake intake assessments, case formulation, ongoing clinical treatment, and any additional support services as required.
We are initially offering between 2.5 and 4 days (0.5 – 0.8 FTE) with flexibility on how this is split across the week. Should you wish, you can increase your availability as your caseload grows.
To succeed in this role, you will desire to spend your work time with a team of like-minded individuals who are all banding together to make a difference.
As well as this, you will have:
- Psychologists will require full general registration with AHPRA.
- Mental Health Accredited Social Worker will require full registration with The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Eligible for a Medicare Provider Number.
- Highly experienced in providing psychological services for a broad range of clients.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about making a difference and providing support to those who are in need.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please complete the form below. Please provide us with your resume with a cover letter stating, “When it comes to making your next career move – what is important to you; and why are those things most important to you?” For more information, please email Chaleen Botha at firstname.lastname@example.org All unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We would love to have you join us as we work towards fulfilling our vision of empowering all Australians to live their best lives.